The purpose of CABEF is to advance education by providing scholarships, bursaries, and awards to students enrolled in agricultural or agri-business-related programs at a university, college or trade school in Canada by awarding seven $2,500 scholarships annually to Canadian students.
The Canadian agriculture and food industry is an exciting and growing field. Over the last few years, the federal government has identified agri-food as one of six Economic Strategy Tables that will drive our economy over the next decade. But the sector cannot grow without more young people involved, from farm to fork.
How can we ensure that agriculture will continue to be innovative, a key economic driver, and maintain Canada’s position as a world leader in the industry?
By supporting the next generation who will make it happen!
Board of Directors
Contact us to learn more about our Board of Directors and potential openings.
Mary Thornley Management
- Former Account Executive, AdFarm & Kahntact Marketing
- Executive Director, CAMA (Canadian Agri-food Marketers Alliance)
- Member, National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA)
Industry Relations Manager, FCC
FCC is a federal Crown corporation reporting to Canadians and Parliament through the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food. We provide financing and other services to more than 102,000 customers. We’re a team of more than 2,300 employees operating from 103 offices located primarily in rural Canada and our corporate office in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- 12+ years experience working with companies such as Agriculture in the Classroom Canada, BC Agriculture Council and CropLife Canada
- Nuffield Canada Scholar (2015), studying agriculture career education
- Member of Agriculture in the Classroom Canada’s Board Advisory Committee
Group Publisher, Agriculture & Content Studio Director, Annex Business Media
Annex Business Media’s agricultural suite of brands produces quality content that is relevant, educational, and informative to our subscribers. We provide farmers, agronomists, contractors, applicators, and industry stakeholders with information beneficial to their operations in the face of continually evolving marketplaces.
- Ag-Media professional for 9+ years
- Current member of CAMA, Manitoba chapter
- ACC graduate – Agribusiness and Business Administration
thinkAG Manager, Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (AITC-C)
Agriculture in the Classroom Canada (AITC-C) is a Canadian charitable organization with a vision to bring agriculture to every classroom, inspiring every student.
Food connects us ALL to agriculture. In a complex and changing world, it is more important than ever to inspire the next generation to care about the food they eat, where it comes from, and how it gets to their plates.
- Project Manager with over 8+ years in the agriculture industry.
- Member of Minister Bibeau’s first cohort of the Canadian Agriculture Youth Council (2020-2022)
- Strong advocate for the importance agriculture education and resources within the province of NL.
Manager Special Projects, Farm Credit Canada
Farm Credit Canada is Canada’s leading agriculture lender providing flexible, competitively priced financing, management software, information and knowledge specifically designed for the agriculture and agri-food industry.
- Marketing professional with over 20 years of experience working at Conexus Credit Union, MNP, Viterra, and Farm Credit Canada
- Proud Agvocate who led the Agriculture More Than Ever cause (2015-2018)
- Current member of the Canadian Agri-Marketing Association (CAMA), Saskatchewan chapter
Independent Marketing and Communications Lead
- Current member, CAMA Ontario Chapter
- University of Guelph CAMA Student Chapter President, 2018/2019
- Volunteer social media coordinator with experience working with several agriculture and community organizations
Owner, Rural Roots Canada
Rural Roots Canada gets to the Stem and Meat of Agriculture.
Rural Roots Canada strives to tell unique stories from the agriculture community that show the true roots of the industry. It will also show off new products and ideas from the ever evolving industry.
- Winner of the 2021 IFAJ – Alltech International Award for Leadership in Agricultural Journalism
- President – Alberta Farm Writers Association / Director – Canadian Farm Writers’ Federation
- President – Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture
- 1st Vice Chair – Calgary Stampede Agriculture and Western Event Media Committee
- Cattle Producer
President and Owner, TCN Consulting Inc
Over 25 years of experience in marketing and advertising to deliver innovative and effective solutions. A Bachelor of Business Administration from Assiniboine Community College and an Auction Marketing Management certification from the National Auctioneers Association, which equip me with the skills and knowledge to navigate the dynamic and competitive agribusiness landscape.
- Current member of Canadian Agri-food Marketers Alliance (CAMA) – Manitoba Chapter
- ACC graduate – Business Administration
- Dad, mentor and car enthusiast