The purpose of CABEF is to advance education by providing scholarships, bursaries, and awards to students enrolled in agricultural or agri-business-related programs at a university, college or trade school in Canada by awarding seven $2,500 scholarships annually to Canadian students.
The Canadian agriculture and food industry is an exciting and growing field. Over the last few years, the federal government has identified agri-food as one of six Economic Strategy Tables that will drive our economy over the next decade. But the sector cannot grow without more young people involved, from farm to fork.
How can we ensure that agriculture will continue to be innovative, a key economic driver, and maintain Canada’s position as a world leader in the industry?
By supporting the next generation who will make it happen!
Board of Directors
Contact us to learn more about our Board of Directors and potential openings.
Mary Thornley Management
- Former Account Executive, AdFarm & Kahntact Marketing
- Executive Director, CAMA (Canadian Agri-Marketing Association)
- Member, National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA)
Communications Manager, CropLife Canada
CropLife Canada represents the Canadian manufacturers, developers, and distributors of pest control and modern plant breeding products.
- Agriculture communications professional with 10+ years experience working with companies such as AgScape, Agriculture in the Classroom Canada and BC Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Nuffield Canada Scholar (2015), studying agriculture career education
- Member of Agriculture in the Classroom Canada’s Board Advisory Committee
- Mentor, UBC Faculty of Land and Food Systems
Group Publisher, Agriculture & Content Studio Director, Annex Business Media
Annex Business Media’s agricultural suite of brands produces quality content that is relevant, educational, and informative to our subscribers. We provide farmers, agronomists, contractors, applicators, and industry stakeholders with information beneficial to their operations in the face of continually evolving marketplaces.
- Ag-Media professional for 9+ years
- Current member of CAMA, Manitoba chapter
- ACC graduate – Agribusiness and Business Administration
Partnerships and Trade Show Lead, Glacier FarmMedia
Glacier FarmMedia serves Canadian farmers by providing them with the news, information, and insights they need to be successful on their farm. Through our many print publications, digital news sites, marketplaces, weather and market information, Discovery Farm, and events, we connect farmers with innovation, products, and services.
- Current member, CAMA Ontario Chapter
- University of Guelph CAMA Student Chapter President, 2018/2019
- Volunteer social media coordinator with experience working with several agriculture and community organizations
2020 CABEF Scholarship Recipient
Undergraduate student at the University of Alberta taking a BSc in Agriculture with a major in Sustainable Agriculture Systems
- Involved in 4-H for 8 years and currently a 4-H Alberta Ambassador
- Youth Ag Summit Delegate
- Philanthropy officer for Ceres Alberta Women’s Fraternity
- Secretary for the University of Alberta Agriculture Club
Manager Special Projects, Farm Credit Canada
Farm Credit Canada is Canada’s leading agriculture lender providing flexible, competitively priced financing, management software, information and knowledge specifically designed for the agriculture and agri-food industry.
- Marketing professional with over 20 years of experience working at Conexus Credit Union, MNP, Viterra, and Farm Credit Canada
- Proud Agvocate who led the Agriculture More Than Ever cause (2015-2018)
- Current member of the Canadian Agri-Marketing Association (CAMA), Saskatchewan chapter
Owner, Rural Roots Canada
Rural Roots Canada gets to the Stem and Meat of Agriculture.
Rural Roots Canada strives to tell unique stories from the agriculture community that show the true roots of the industry. It will also show off new products and ideas from the ever evolving industry.
- Winner of the 2021 IFAJ – Alltech International Award for Leadership in Agricultural Journalism
- President – Alberta Farm Writers Association / Director – Canadian Farm Writers’ Federation
- President – Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture
- 1st Vice Chair – Calgary Stampede Agriculture and Western Event Media Committee
- Cattle Producer
Sales Lead, Real Agriculture
RealAgriculture is focused on the issues that are impacting agriculture, providing insight on the latest agronomic research, farm business planning, ag politics, farm show coverage around the globe, and more, reporting on regional and national agriculture issues through our website and daily SiriusXM show.
- Current member of Canadian Agri-food Marketers Alliance (CAMA) – Manitoba Chapter
- ACC graduate – Business Administration
- Dad, mentor and car enthusiast